Under the presidency of His Excellency Marwan Al-Sawaleh, President of the UAE School Sports Association held the fourth periodic meeting at the Ministry of Education on 5 October.
His Excellency opened the meeting by reviewing the agenda of its various terms. The proposed activity plan for the Schools year 2017-2018 was approved, which included 18 different competitions for boys and girls in different sports, In addition, they were instructed to set up sports activities for students during vacations to accommodate students’ leisure time.
It also reviewed the achievements accomplished in the strategic objectives of the Association during the previous period and the measurement of the level of implementation and efficiency, and follow-up planning for the next period 2016-2020 where it was agreed to reconsider the formulation of strategic objectives to touch the actual reality of the work of the schools Association.
With regard to the IT work of the Association, and as directed by the Board of Directors at the previous meeting on working on the design of the student registration system participating in the activities of the Union and retention, and use them in supporting the talents of clubs and sports federations. To register the players of the students participating in the activities of the Union and its work reference to benefit from it.
The Board of Directors reviewed a presentation by Mr. Hazem Selim, the program designer, and the completion of an electronic program for recording the players. The Board thanked the Board of Directors for the efforts exerted in the program.
For her part, Ms. Wahida Abdul Aziz, a member of the Board, presented a proposal for the Zayed Sports Festival to highlight the role of Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan, may Allah have mercy on him,
- The activities of the festival will take place in the second semester (February – March) 2018.
- Various sports activities are held in each Emirate.
- Participate in the activities of the emirate’s students only to facilitate the organization process.
- Working torch touring UAE during the events implemented.
- Special clothing is made by the occasion.
- The festival will be held within seven weeks to organize one sports tournament per week in a emirate from the UAE respectively.
The President commended the proposal and recommended that the proposal be put into effect and that the following measures be taken:
- Forming a team to organize the festival.
- Provide an estimate budget for the festival.
- Setting up schedules with matches and places of residence.
- Cooperation with the Hamdan Bin Mohammed Center for Heritage to implement heritage tournaments.
- Cooperation with the sports associations concerned with the aforementioned tournaments to contribute their expertise in making the festival a success.
- Cooperate with local institutions and take advantage of their support for graduates and sponsorship
At the end of the meeting, HE the President of the Federation directed that a press conference be held in the first week of November to announce:
- Announce the new Association logo.
- Strategic objectives for 2017-2021.
- Plan of the Association.
- The Electronic System of the Association for the registration of student players.
The President of the Council then thanked the audience and the time was 2.25 pm.